Thursday, June 23, 2011

Crochet flower square

Pin It

The pattern for this square was adapted from Drops Design as well as inspired from a Japanese magazine that I saw in the net but couldn't remember the site. I have used four colors for this square. I love the choice of colors.


I am going to show you step-by-step how to crochet this square.  But before that remember ch = chain, dc = double crochet, sc = single crochet, sl = slip stitch.  Come on, let's get started.



Round 1: Using color A make 4 ch to form a ring.  Make 4 ch to count as 1st dc and ch. *Make 1 dc and 1 ch 7 times into ring. Finally you will have 8 dc in the ring. Join.


 Round 2: Ch 4. 1 dc in same stitch. Ch 1, work (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1) in every dc around. Finally you will have 16 dc in total with 1 ch between each stitch. Join together.


Round 3: Sl st in next space, ch 3 to count as 1st dc, 2 dc together in same space, ch 1. Make a 3dc cluster and ch 1 in every space around (leave the last loop of each stitch on the hook and finally pull them all together. If you don't know how to work a cluster stitch you can do google search and find some video tutorials). You will have 16 clusters with 1 ch in between each cluster. Join with a sl st to the top of 1st cluster. Cut off the yarn and attach a new color B in any space.


Round 4: Ch 3 to count as 1st dc, 2 dc in same space, ch 1, work 3 dc and ch 1 in every 1-ch space around.  Join. Cut off yarn.


 Round 5: Join next color C in any ch space and ch 3, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next 1-ch space, ch 3, sc in next ch space, ch 3, (sc, ch 7, sc) in next ch space, ch 3, sc in next ch space.* Repeat from * to * around finishing with sc worked into the space where the yarn was joined.


Round 6: Using the same color ch 1 and sc in same stitch. *skip the next 3ch-space, (4 dc, 1 ch, 4 dc) into next 3-ch space, skip the next 3-ch space, sc in next sc, skip the next 3ch-space, (6 dc, 2 ch, 6 dc) into next 7-ch loop, skip next 3-ch space, sc in next sc.* Repeat from * to * around. Cut off yarn.


Round 7: Join color D in the same stitch where you ended the previous round. Ch 6 (considered dc and ch 3), *sc in 1 ch-space between 8 dc, ch 3, dc in next sc, ch 5, (sc, ch 3, sc) in 2-ch space between 12 dc, chain 5, 1 dc in next sc, ch 3.* Repeat from * to * ending with ch 5 which will be joined with a sl st to the 3rd ch at the beginning of round.



Round 8: Ch 3, *3 dc in next 3ch-space, 3 dc in next 3ch-space, dc in next dc, 5 dc in 5-ch space, (3 dc, 2 ch, 3 dc) in corner loop, 5 dc in next 5-ch space, dc in next dc*. Repeat from * to * and join with a sl st to the top of ch 3. (24 dc in each side)


Round 9: Ch 3, *dc in each dc till end of row, (dc, ch 1, dc) in corner space* Repeat from * to * around. Join and cut off yarn. Weave in the loose ends.

  
Now, what am I going to do with these squares once I finish them? Guess!

29 comments:

  1. are you going to make another cushion?i love that green colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful square and what a good combination of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, yes Ninu you guessed right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grannys are very beautiful ,
    love the choice of colours, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful choice in colors for your granny squares. Should be a lovely finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely blog, I think I have to follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. j' adore tu as des réalisations magnifiques

    tu as de la magie aux bouts des doigts
    je te met l' adresse de mon blog tu pourras venir me rendre visite laisse moi un petit mot que je te mette dans mes blogs a visiter tu peux faire de même pour moi merci Dane
    http://dane.et.le.crochet.blog.free.fr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sehr schönes Tutorial :-)
    Dankeschön ♥

    Liebe Grüße
    Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bedankt voor het delen van dit patroon dmv deze duidelijke tutorial
    Ik heb een link geplaatst op mijn blog
    http://knutsel-dekentje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muchas gracias por este paso a paso un beso desde Argentina ♥
    Thanks for sharing kisses for you from Argentina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your color combo. I am now following you!

    robin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very clever! I love you work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorei o pap ,obrigada por compartilhar. Amo seu trabalho!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you separate each step with a picture! For someone who's visual like me, it makes my life much easier! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the best color combinations that I have seen. They are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, my best new blog to follow from down in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I made some changes in your pattern and translated it in Dutch I hope you don't mind it if ik publish this on my blog. I'll put your blog as a reference.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What is the finished size of each square?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it measured around 5 inches, it was made using a sport weight yarn and a small size hook, I don't remember the size. The size of the square will vary depending on the type of yarn and the size of hook used.

      Delete
    2. Correct me if I'm wrong. It looks like the clusters are made in each of the dc not the ch sp.

      Delete
  19. Hi i have done your pattern up to where you chain 3 sc and chain 7 but when i try do the next round thats when it goes wrong i'm not under standing it very well hope you can help and make it a bit clearer for me please .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I failed to mention a few things in round 6. I have rewritten the pattern. I hope it is clear now.

      Delete
  20. Thankyou for getting backt to me but i'm stuck on round 5 i try to do it but it goes wrong hope you can help me with it i have only been crocheting for 7 months but i know how to do all the basic stitches hope you help thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Refer to the photo above round 5. In the photo where I have the hook is the space where I joined the new yarn, moving towards the left you can see that I made 3 chains, then I worked sc, ch 1 and sc all into the next 1ch-sp after 3 dc, again I made 3 chains and worked 1 sc into the next space after 3 dc, again I made 3 chains and then into the next space I worked sc, ch 7, sc. This forms the bigger loop that you can see in the photo which will become a corner of the square. Likewise I made 3 more corners. Look at the photo, you will understand better. If you have any more questions please email me at thelazyhobbyhopper@gmail.com

      Delete
  21. Lindo eu amo Square.Bom sabado.Valéria.(Brasil).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...